Friday, March 31, 2006

Pregnancy - God is Amazing!

Wow, 30 weeks and counting down. I cannot believe that I have been pregnant this long with only 10 weeks to go(less if we are lucky :) ) I feel like the time has flown by, I can remember when I went to the docs for the first time to get the "official" test. Man was that a surprise. I remember the doc coming back in the room all chipper and with out a moments hesitation she says "it's all positive, you are pregnant!" I can just bet the looks on Travis' and my faces were that of pure shock! We were not planning on getting pregnant at that point and although we knew before we went to the doc that I probably was (nobody gets sick like I did with out a good reason!), but in the back of our minds were were still kind of hoping that I just had the flu. I know that sounds bad, but it's quite a shocker to realize that for the rest of your lives you will be responsible for another human life!!!
To reassure you, Travis and I could not be more excited now to be so close to bringing this little miracle into the world. I am in pure wonder and amazement every day when I feel and see him move around inside of me every day. (I don't believe that he ever sleeps!!) It is so amazing to think that the God who put that sun, moon and stars into the galaxy also put the tiny cells together inside of me to form a baby. Think about that. What a size difference....The galaxy & human cells! How crazy is it that God cares and knows about both extremes. What an amazing God we have! There is this song that I love..It's called "Indescribable" it kind of describes that feeling of awe that I have been talking about.

"From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
creations revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable, Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God All powerful, untameable......"

God you are amazing!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Awww...so sweet! I love that song, too! It's hard to believe that you will soon be welcoming a little one into the family! It was almost one year ago that my preterm labor began...crazy! It doesn't seem like it could have been that long ago. Time sure does fly.